Perfect for work or play, women's safety glasses are available in a wide variety of colors, styles and designs.
Safety Glasses Sized for Women
Many women of today want safety glasses that provide more than eye protection. They also want their glasses to have a comfortable fit, look stylish and be in fashion.
It wasn't that long ago that working women had to wear safety glasses designed for men, struggling with bulky glasses that were too big and heavy for their smaller faces. Manufacturers of safety glasses realized there was a great need for glasses that were lighter and smaller, made to accommodate the smaller features of a woman's face. Today many companies make safety glasses for women in an array of beautiful colors with stylish and fashionable frames.
Safety glasses for women are sized smaller, providing a better fit to a woman's narrower and smaller face. These smaller-sized safety glasses are also an ideal choice for men with small faces, older children and teens. Wearing properly fitting safety glasses is essential for maximum eye protection.
Just as safety glasses and goggles made to fit their male counterparts, all safety glasses for women are manufactured to meet the strict standards of the United States Department of Labor - OSHA (29 CFR 1910,133). These safety standards, ANSI Z87.1, are the 1989 version of the OSHA mandate. However, many of the safety glasses sold already comply with the new revisions of the OSHA standards. Complying to the new revisions of safety glasses is a voluntary choice of the manufacturers.
Additional identical features of safety glasses for women compared to glasses made for men include:
- A wide field of vision
- Glare reduction
- Impact protection
Types of Safety Glasses for Women
In addition to general safety glasses for women, glasses are also made for a number of specific workplace situations, sports and special conditions. There are also special certification requirements for safety glasses sold in Canada (CSA Z94.3 safety standards) and Europe (CE standards and certified EN 166 for high impact glasses).
The following are examples of the different types of safety glasses made for women:
- Dielectric (Contains no metal parts)
- Military ballistic
- Anti fog
- Safety glasses that fir over prescription eyeglasses
- Photochromatic (light adjusting)
Stylish Colored Lens Choices
Many of the companies manufacturing protective eyewear for women offer an assortment of safety glass styles with colored lenses. However, some companies do not offer any safety glasses with colored lenses and others only offer glasses in a few color choices. The following are the lens colors available:
- Infinity blue
- Copper blue
- Smoke green
- Autumn rose silver mirrored
- Dark mirror
- Silver mirror
- Yellow mirror
- Emerald mirror
- Blue mirror
- Ice blue mirror
- Red mirror
- Midnight mirror
- Ocean mirror
- Gold mirror
- Flame mirror
- Green mirror
- Iridescent green
Where to Find Womens Safety Glasses Online
The Internet provides shoppers with many choices of companies that sell safety glasses for women. The following is a small sampling of the companies offering protective eyewear.
- Safety Glasses USA is an authorized international distributor for many manufacturers of safety glasses and carry protective eyewear in a wide range of price points, styles and brand names. Examples of name brand safety glasses carried by Safety Glasses USA include Oakley, DeWalt, Smith and Wesson and Pyramex.
- Enviro Safety Products offers safety glasses for women that are stylish looking from manufacturers including Pyramex, Wiley X, Edge and Remington.
- Discount Safety Gear
- Elvex - Safety with Style provides safety glasses for women that are made to look great at work, at home or at the beach. These stylish safety glasses include choices that include oversized tortoise brown colored frames, frames with a floating design and glasses with a soft rubber nose bridge and soft rubber tipped temple areas.
- Safety Glasses Incorporated
With the many attractive styles and designs of women's safety glasses available, you are sure to find a pair that provides complete eye protection, looks great and makes you feel terrific.